- An application fee in the amount of $40 is required at time of application.
- Applications must be completed in full by all residents and/or co-signers 18 years of age or older. Each applicant is required to qualify individually or as per specific criteria areas.
- A valid government-issued photo ID is required. Applicants with a pet must provide a photo of the pet.
- Any individual whose tenancy would constitute a direct threat to the health and safety of any individual, the premises, or the property of others will be denied tenancy.
- In order to qualify as a co-signer, the co-signer must meet all areas of this criteria and must have minimum monthly income equal of at least three times the stated monthly rent.
- All Bristol properties accept cats; some accept dogs, with the exception of the following restricted breeds: Doberman Pinschers, Rottweilers, Pit Bulls, and Staffordshire Terriers. No mixes permitted. Renters insurance is required for all residents with pets. See our pet policy for further details. Pet policy does not apply to documented assistance animals.
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY REQUIRED
- One year of current verifiable employment history is required. Self-employed applicants must provide the previous year’s tax returns to verify self-employment history. Additional documentation may be required on a case-by-case basis. Self-employed applicants’ companies will be verified through state corporation commission records.
- Students must show proof of current enrollment and must meet income requirements listed below.
- Applicants who are unemployed must meet non-employment income or savings income requirements listed below.
- If we are unable to verify declared employment or self-employment, the application will be denied.
General Statements about Income:
- At time of occupancy, the applicant’s gross income must equal at least two times the stated monthly rent and must be from a legal source. If monthly income does not equal at least two times the stated monthly rent, a co-signer will be required; otherwise, the application will be denied.
- Income sources may include employment income, non-employment income, and savings (see details below).
- Income may be combined between two or more tenants for the same apartment. A co-signer’s income may not be included when calculating combined income.
- Financial support from friends and family who will not be residing in the unit is not considered legal income.
- Proof of income must be submitted with the application. If we are unable to verify the applicant’s declared legal income, the application will be denied.
- Students with no income will require a qualified co-signer.
- Income from employment must be verified at time of application, through items such as the following: current paycheck stubs (two required), offer letter, or bank statements.
- Self-employed applicants must show proof of income through items such as the following: the previous year’s tax return or 1099 forms, bank deposit statements, or income statements from a payment processor (such as PayPal, Stripe, or other).
- Non-employment income must be verified with written documentation. For example, applicants with Social Security or a trust fund must show that their monthly disbursement is equal to or greater than two times the stated rent every month for the next year (2 times rent amount x 12 months).
- Savings accounts must contain funds greater or equal to twice the monthly stated rent for twelve months (2 times rent amount x 12 months).
RENTAL HISTORY REQUIRED
- One year of verifiable rental history from a third-party landlord reference is required. If the applicant is a homeowner, we must verify current mortgage payment history.
- Applicants with no prior rental history are required to have a co-signer or pay a security deposit equal to one month’s rent.
- Any eviction reported as occurring in the last five years will result in denial of the application. Any eviction reported as occurring more than five years prior to the application date will require a security deposit equal to a full month’s rent and a minimum of two years of positive third-party rental history.
- Any negative rental history may result in denial of the application.
- A credit report will be obtained. We will allow up to five (5) unpaid non-medical collections or charged off accounts to appear on the credit file. Six (6) or more unpaid non-medical collections will result in denial of the application.
- If the applicant has any combination of non-medical collection accounts totaling $10,000 or more, the application will be denied.
- Outstanding property management debt showing on the credit report will result in denial of the application unless the debt has been paid in full or a current payment plan is in place and payments are up to date. Proof of payment is required. In this case, the applicant will be required to pay a security deposit equal to a full month’s rent.
CRIMINAL CONVICTION HISTORY
- Upon receipt of the rental application and screening fee, landlord shall conduct a search of public records to determine whether the applicant or any proposed tenant has charges pending for, been convicted of, or pled guilty or no contest to any types of crime(s) listed below.
- A pending charge, conviction, guilty plea or no contest plea in the past 4 years for any class C misdemeanor, or a pending charge, conviction, guilty plea or no contest plea in the past 7 years for any felony or a class A or B misdemeanor involving theft, dishonesty, assault, intimidation, prostitution, kidnapping, arson, manufacturing and/or possession and/or delivery of illegal drugs, obscenity and/or related violations (ORS 167.060 through 167.100), shall be grounds for denial of the rental application. An outstanding warrant is grounds for denial of the rental application.
- Any conviction, guilty plea or no contest plea involving murder, manslaughter, sex crimes and/or child sex crimes shall be grounds for denial of the rental application.
- If the application is denied due to criminal history, the applicant may request an appeal to the decision. This appeals process is conducted on a case-by-case basis.
SECURITY DEPOSIT LEVELS
All approved applicants are required to pay a security deposit prior to move-in. The deposit varies between $500, $600, and the amount equivalent to a full month’s rent. Deposit level is calculated based on an applicant’s fulfillment of the rental criteria, as outlined below:
|$500 Security Deposit||$600 Security Deposit||Full Security Deposit
(equal to one month’s rent)
|Applicant has at least one year at current employer, at least one year of positive third-party rental history, and meets income requirements. Applicant meets all credit and criminal history requirements.||Applicant satisfies all requirements of the $500 level and has a pet.||Applicant meets income requirements, but has less than one year of third-party rental history and/or less than one year at current employer. Applicant meets all credit and criminal history requirements.|
We do business in accordance with Federal Fair Housing Law.
It is illegal to discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
You have the right to receive a copy of your screening report. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy. For specific information on obtaining a report, please see www.appfolio.com/consumer. 11/15/2016